Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Santa versus Dracula Teaser trailer



Watch more cool animation and creative cartoons at Aniboom

Aye...I finally finished the animation I've been working on for the last few weeks. I barely went outside, I haven't spoken to anyone but the animation is done.
Toward the end I rushed a bit, and when I look back I can see some things I'd like to fix and add to it, but overall I'm happy with the way it came out. After I animated the scenes I handed them over to Rob who put the scenes together and did all the editing! Thank you!! ---<3
I wouldn't have finished without help but it was a fun project and it made me realize I need to brush up on my animation and take it a bit more seriously. It's definitely something I won't give up.

The animation short is a teaser trailer to the 8 page comic I did for Zuda a few months back. This one was also submitted for another contest on Aniboom where Fox was looking for an edgy holiday short. The writer, Ed Power (who also writes the MyCage comic strip) thought the comic idea was perfect for the animation contest. I have to admit, it seemed like a great opportunity at first but I really debated on wheher it was something I could pull off. But one thing I've learned over the years is that if I keep turning down opportunities, I'm going to get nowhere fast.

Believe me, I thought about giving up a few times but I managed to pull it off and I'm glad I did. I have another animated project under my belt and it's something I stuck with to the end to finish. So I feel good about it and I hope it keeps me on a productive path.

Since the clip itself has no credits, I'd like to thank Roberto Flores, Albert Li, Sean Callahan, and Alex Shum for the help, (even if a little provided), in getting this done. Thanks guys!!

Now that the animating is over....back to comics!!

1 comment:

the writer, Ed said...

RE: "I'd like to thank Roberto Flores, Albert Li, Sean Callahan, and Alex Shum"

Yes. God bless you, everyone. :)

-Ed Power